The Group for Analysis, Imaging and Numerics (GAIN) is a multidisciplinary research group in the Mathematics department working in conjunction with the Institute for Scientific Computation. The purpose of the group is to bring together faculty and students in order to perform fundamental research as well as produce innovative computational tools. The lab provides graduate students an opportunity to work with well-respected researchers as well as to gain experience in development of research methods and software. Research interests of the group include approximation theory, numerical analysis, partial differential equations, and scientific computing.
News and Events
- June 2016: PI: Ronald DeVore was awarded a DOD - Office of Naval Research grant, Data Assimilation and Parameter Estimation for Parametric Partial Differential Equations.
- February 2016: PI: Ronald DeVore with co-PI's Andrea Bonito and Guergana Petrova were awardeda DOE-UT Battelle - Oak Ridge National Laboratory grant, Foundations of Rigorous Mathematics for Uncertainty Quantification in Large Systems at the Extreme Scale.
- January 2016: The winter graduate school on Geometric PDEs and their Approximations was held.
- For the second year in a row, Distinguished Professor of Mathematics Ronald DeVore has been recognized by Thomson Reuters' Highly Cited Researchers. DeVore is the holder of the Walter E. Koss Endowed Professorship in Mathematics.
- July 2015: PI: Ronald DeVore was awarded a DOD - Office of Naval research grant, The Numerical Recovery of High Dimensional Functions.
- May 2015: Dr. Andrea Bonito announces the Winter Graduate School on Geometric PDE's And Their Approximations. This will be offered by the Department of Mathematics, Texas A&M January 10 - 16.
- Professor Ronald DeVore one of four CoS faculty among Thomson Reuters Highly Cited Researchers 2014
- March 2014: Ronald DeVore wins the Association of Former Students Distinguished Achievement Award in Research.
- June 2013: Andrea Bonito awarded NSF CAREER grant
- February 2013: Professor Ronald DeVore has been named an American Mathematical Society Fellow.
- September 2010: Ronald DeVore Receives Promotion to Distinguished Professor
- Ronald DeVore was awarded a DoD-Office of Naval Research grant, Fast computational algorithms in high dimensions.